The West End Project is based in the Castlehill area of Dumbarton. The staff team work flexible hours to meet the individual support needs of the people who use the service.
The project offers a Day Opportunities/Outreach Service for adults who are experiencing social isolation and who have varying degrees of physical disabilities. Individuals are encouraged to participate in a wide community.
The project liaises closely with colleges, community, education and multi disciplinary professionals. The project aims to empower individuals to make decisions, increase their independence, develop social networks and enhance their quality of life.
The project offers a service to: Adults with a physical disability, Adults with acquired brain injury, Adults with sensory impairments.
All referrals must be age 16 – 65 and made through the single shared assessment process.
- One to one link worker
- A person-centred assessment of needs aimed at identifying the individual’s personal goals and preferences
- The development and implementation of a weekly programme of day services that is reflective of individual need, choice and preference that enables the person to engage and participate in meaningful and purposeful activities
- On-going support for the service user in compiling, implementing and reviewing their own four weekly programme
- A safe, secure and valuing environment in which the individual is given the opportunity and support to make choices, develop skills and confidence and expand their capabilities and achievements by accessing new activities
- An active service user forum, which participates in the ongoing development, reviewing and evaluation of the service
- Opportunities for volunteering within the bistro, shop and internet areas.
- Access to Woodwork Area—to make and refurbish furniture for the local community, working in partnership with other community projects
- Access to Art Therapy—offering an innovative approach to arts and therapy, allowing a platform of expression and confidence-building through arts, encouraging inner talents to flourish.
- Access to Shop Area—this enables the members to display and sell their art and woodwork, a testament to the service user’s commitment and high standard of work.
- Access to the Internet Suite—this introduces members to the world of the Web, enabling and empowering them to access such facilities as Internet banking, shopping and facilitating choices.
- Access to Bistro Area—this enables high quality, healthy food to be offered to service users within a comfortable, friendly environment. As it develops over time, it will also open up access to the Local Community
- Access to a Lounge Area—a welcoming area to meet and greet, host member forums and develop social networks
- Access to the Sensory Area—this area will is used for relaxation, aromatherapy and a range of beauty treatments
The project is inspected by the Care Inspectorate and West Dumbartonshire Council.
Reports are available on request.
Tel: 01389 730466