Community Alcohol Support Service
S. EAST AND S. WEST
C.A.S.S. assists people to make lifestyle choices that minimises risk to them whilst recognising the individual’s rights to privacy, choice and dignity.
We ensure that the service delivery is person centred and will fit with the aim of preventing homelessness and repeat homelessness.
The level of support offered is dependent on individual need and, where appropriate, linked to a comprehensive assessment of the needs of homeless people. A process involving assessment and personal support planning aims to address both the social care and housing support needs of people who use the service.
CASS–South will accept both self referrals and referrals from other agencies. Following referral, potential service users will be given an assessment interview, from which an individual care plan will be drawn up.
To be referred you must:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have a history of homelessness/ hostel dwelling
- Be experiencing difficulty with alcohol use and any related physical/mental health issues
- Have problematic alcohol misuse which could lead to homelessness
The service will offer:
- Advice, information and counselling on alcohol related issues to prevent people becoming homeless
- Advice and support on relapse management/prevention
- Advice and support around the use of alcohol with the aim of reducing alcohol consumption towards safer, more controllable levels or eventual cessation
- Advice/information and support to improve social/life skills.
Support will also be provided in the following areas:
- Preventing people becoming homeless, by providing advice, information and counselling on alcohol related issues
- Supporting people who are about to become homeless or who are already homeless by seeking to access appropriate accommodation.
- Providing a resettlement service for people leaving homelessness and through-care support and advice on alcohol related issues.
C.A.S.S. Project (S. West)
Tel: 0141 440 0569
C.A.S.S Project (S. East)
488 Cathcart Rd
GLASGOW, G42 7BX
Tel: 0141 423 5872