The Elderslie Project provides person centred support for 10 adults with severe to profound physical and learning disabilities. The project comprises 2 purpose built bungalows. The bungalows offer a safe and homely environment from where individuals can be supported to be respected, valued and included members of their local community.
The Elderslie Project works in partnership with Renfrewshire Council, Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health staff and other stakeholders to enable a high quality service to be provided. Referrals are made through the council’s Social Work Department.
Care Managers will contact the project and then meet with the Project Manager to discuss the Single Shared Assessment. If the person is suited to moving in, an action plan to facilitate the move will be devised detailing visits, overnight stays, meetings with families/carers and a projected moving in date. The Care Manager will also carry out a financial assessment which will detail any personal contributions to be made to the service.
- A person centred approach to care and support on a 24 hr basis
- A named keyworker
- Person centred support planning that meets the religious, spiritual and cultural needs of the person; as well as promotes the preferences, choices and expectations of the individual
- Individualised support with personal care
- Access to local facilities as directed by need, preference and choice
- Contact with local and specialised health services
- Support to access specialised learning disabilities services
- Support to attend day care facilities/college
- Support to take regular holidays
- Sensory room
- Multi-medium approach to communication
- Supported access to hydrotherapy
- 6 monthly reviews of support provided
- Regular family/carer newsletter
- A staff committed to providing a high standard of care to the people who live at Elderslie, supporting them to reach their full potential, set goals and integrate fully within the community around them.
The project is registered with and inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
Reports are also available on request.
No. 1 Bungalows
14 Cherrywood Road
PAISLEY, PA5 9EE
Tel: 01505 327787 / 322309