Who is the Service For?
Our services are for people who are experiencing mental health problems. These problems affect them to such an extent that they are no longer capable of living on their own and require some support. It could also be that their needs are such that they require a level of support more than their relatives or friends can provide. Our services are open to anyone who is experiencing such problems whether they have spent lengthy periods in hospital or whether they have come from their own home.

What can it Provide?
Our services provide varying levels of staff support dependent on individual need and we provide good quality accommodation again suited to the needs of the individual. Whether it be individual or group living accommodation. It is our hope that we provide a home in the true sense of the word where the person can feel wanted and needed and where he or she feels that they are valued members of society experiencing a high quality of life. The services are based on the Recovery Model of Care and it is expected that people will gain sufficient skills to enable them to move on to more independent accomodation. The maximum length of stay in each service is expected to be four years.

Where is it Provided?
Our services are provided over three locations. All based in Glasgow, one in  Possilpark and two in the Govanhill area.

How can I Request these Services?
Our services can be accessed by contacting the Project Manager directly for information or by contacting the Social Work Department and requesting an assessment of needs. The Social Work Department will undertake an assessment to determine need and establish suitability.

Is There a Charge?
There is a charge. The charge will vary from centre to centre. The Social Work Department will meet most of the cost and individuals are required to make a contribution. This will be fully explained by the Manager prior to a placement being offered. 

How Long Will I Have to Wait?
This is dependent on various factors. For example the project may have no vacanices. If the project does have a vacancy then as soon as the social worker involved carries out the various assessments and you are happy to move into the project, then you can do so.