Crannog is a specialised residential care home service based in the Drumchapel area of Glasgow which provides twenty places for older people who have dementia. The home also provides ten nursing home places for people over the age of fifty who have a diagnosis of Alcohol Related Brain Damage.The service offers single en-suite accommodation and shared communal areas, in three units which each consist of ten places. Staffing ratios reflect the individualised care provided.
In order to be referred for admission to the home you can contact The Mungo Foundation directly. Alternatively, your GP, your Community Psychiatric Nurse, or family can make a request to your local Social Work Office.
A Care Manager (social worker) is then allocated to you and will carry out an assessment of your needs. The Care Manager will also carry out a financial assessment to determine how much you shall be paying towards the cost of living in Crannog.
After this process and following your referral from Social Work, staff will arrange for you to come and visit the service. They can talk with you about the service and the best way to help your move into the home.
- 24 hour support
- Single en-suite bedrooms with walk in shower (assisted bathroom for those who prefer a bath)
- Range of activities and outings
- Residents Meetings
- Individual and person centred planning sessions to ensure your support plan details how you want to be supported and what staff need to know about you
- Access to Health Services
- Flexible meal times
- Choice of menus
- Support to maintain existing community links
- Key worker system
- Designated smoking room.
- Residents’ day room, smoke room and kitchen in each unit
- Hairdressing service (additional charge)
- Enclosed gardens to the rear of the building.
The project is registered with and inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
Reports are available on request.
10 Bayfield Terrace
Tel: 0141 940 4320