Riddrievale House is operated by The Mungo Foundation in partnership with Glasgow Council. We provide short break respite for up to nine adults with learning disabilities in a spacious and homely environment. We also provide Day Opportunities and Community based Respite Services.
Riddrievale House provides bedrooms with en suite facilities, 2 living rooms, dining room, games room and a relaxation room. In addition, Riddrievale House day opportunity service encourages individuals to take part in various activities according to their interests.
Each person who uses the project will have an individual care plan and their own linkworker.
To access Riddrievale House you will have to have a Care Manager who has completed an assessment of your needs in partnership with you. You will be allocated a specific number of nights on an annual basis usually April - March. The number of nights will be dependent on your circumstances and support needs. Introduction to short breaks will be arranged at your pace. Initially a visit to the unit with your Care Manager, family or both will help.
The service will ensure that you have access to:
- An identified link worker who will co-ordinate your support plan
- A caring and dedicated staff team in a friendly environment
- Your support plan and risk assessments, that detail how you need to be supported and what you want from your short break service
- Bedrooms with en suite facilities
- In-house meetings to discuss social activities and menu planning
- Day care support if required
- A formal review, once a year, to ensure that the service continues to meet your support requirements
- Social activities which are suitable for you, and reflective of your choice and preference
- Wakened night staff
- Copies of Care Inspectorate Reports
Riddrievale House Project
2 Riddrievale Court
GLASGOW, G33 2RN
Tel: 0141 770 2320