The service offers temporary accommodation and support to homeless households aged 16 years and above who have additional support needs. We can accommodate single people, couples and families.
The service provides advice and support to individuals who may have mental health issues, substance misuse issues, learning disabilities or to those who need to develop their independent living skills to maintain a future tenancy.
The staff team from Ravenswood also provide outreach advice and support to homeless households living within 2 multiple occupancy homes in the Bearsden area of East Dunbartonshire.
In order to access the service you will need to be at least 16 years of age (children under 16 may be accommodated alongside their parent or guardian) and referred to the project by East Dunbartonshire Council’s Homeless Team.
The length of stay in the accommodation will depend on your support needs, although in general terms, some households will be accommodated on a short stay basis. Others will, on a long stay basis, be supported to develop the skills required to enable them to live independently.
A comprehensive assessment of support needs will take place to determine what kind of support is required. The types of support offered include;
- Assistance to develop practical living skills.
- Assistance with debt management/budgeting skills and support to maximise benefits.
- Liaising with external agencies on your behalf.
- Support to access training, educational and employment opportunities.
- Assistance to arrange/access specialist social work or health services.
Tel: 0141 775 3428